Dr. Scott T. Bottoms and his wife Linda have been pastoring Church at Briargate since June 2012. They have three children, Jonathan, Isaac and Emily. Pastor Scott earned his BA from Southwestern Assemblies of God University, his MA from Denver Seminar and then his DM in from the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary in 2011. He has a passion for seeing souls come to know Christ and develop a personal relationship with Him. His wife Linda serves as the Rocky Mountain Ministry Network Women's Ministry Director.
Shelby Roberts serves as the Worship Pastor at Church at Briargate. She has served in the ministry for 19 years. Shelby genuinely loves people. Her driving passion is to connect with God in a very personal way - not just in a church setting, but also in everyday life.
Shelby is married to Marcus, and has 4 children, Brooke, Shea, Max, and Isabelle.
Pastors Josh and Liz have been married since 2012. They have one son, Sawyer, and a dog named Chase. They have been pastoring the youth at Church at Briargate since 2013. They both have a passion for teenagers. This includes getting them on life-changing trips like Youth Camp and Mission Trips. Both Josh and Liz have been on multiple missions trips, including India, Moldova, Mexico, El Salvador, and Haiti.
Josh is a visionary - he sees the big picture and what can happen. Liz is detail driven - she tries to fit all the pieces together and lay out a plan. Josh and Liz both know that "teamwork makes the dreamwork," meaning it takes a team to get things done. They value their leadership team for all that they do. Together with their amazing team, they work hard to see students come to know Jesus in Colorado Springs. Their goal is to create community and a family atmosphere among the students of The Movement, being a safe place for students to belong and be open. When students are on fire for God, it will overflow out of their lives, compelling them to share their faith story with their friends.
Pastor Mary and Anthony joined Church at Briargate as Children's Pastors in June 2014. They have a passion to teach children about Jesus and train them to be the leaders and disciples that God has called them to be. They believe what the Bible says is true and hold to Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old he will not depart from it."
They called the kids ministry Kids Rock because they felt that what they are called to do is to teach the kids to make the foundation of their life Jesus. No matter what comes in life, that if they are grounded on Jesus they will not fall. Matthew 7:25 is the verse that confirms this.
They love working with kids and having fun with them. Anthony is an amazing balloon artist and has been training others to help with outreaches. They enjoy going to the kids' concerts, sporting events and whatever the kids are involved in. They believe that investing in kids lives is the best investment you could ever make.
Trisha, a Colorado native, has been involved in ministry since she was nine years old. She has a passion to see women build healthy, authentic connections that promote healing and lead toward deeper relationships with each other and with Christ. She loves connecting heart-to-heart with women and sharing stories of growth. She loves to teach and speak.
Trisha and her husband (Jason) have three sons and a daughter, whom she homeschools.
Paul serves on the Church Board and is passionate about serving the Deaf community through his work at Church at Briargate. He has been married to Carrie for 19 years. Carrie serves the Women's Ministries and helps with the Children's Ministries when needed. Their three children participate in the Movement Youth, Royal Rangers, and help in Children's Ministries and various church work projects.
Pat has been on the Board at Church at Briargate since [ ]. His passion is short-term mission trips. He has been to Swaziland, Venezuela, and Haiti.
Pat is married to Patricia and they have four kids plus nine grandkids together!
Christine's goal is the same as the corporate mission of Church at Briargate - to draw closer to her Heavenly Father and bring as many along with her as she can. She has a passion for missions. She has been involved in missions work in Poland and was a missionary in Mexico in the 1990s. She has also been very involved in missions to impoverished areas in the US.
Christine has two children, ten grandchildren, and one great-grandchild. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management and a Master's Degree in Total Quality Management.
De'Dee's household mission statement includes sharing the blessings God has given them. The most important blessing is forgiveness of our sins, so we can have a personal relationship with HIM.
De'Dee is married to her childhood sweetheart, Ric. They have seven daughters, three sons-in-law, fourteen grandkids, and two great grandkids. De'Dee and Ric have traveled the world with the US Army Chaplaincy and yet are most gratefully blessed to call Colorado Springs and Church at Briargate home.
Renee was born and raised in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas. She moved to Lakewood, Colorado in 2014 to attend Colorado Christian University. She obtained a Bachelor's of Arts in Music Performance (Violin) from CCU in May 2017, which is also when she moved to Colorado Springs. She has been the Admin Assistant since July 2017.
Along with being Church at Briargate's Admin Assistant, she also runs her own Music Studio, where she teaches private music lessons in the Colorado Springs community. She is very passionate about music and seeing her students learn/grow in their instruments.
Church at Briargate is a progressive church with two basic priorities. We want to passionately chase after God and His plan for our lives under all circumstances. We also want to allow the Holy Spirit to enable us, with power and boldness, to tell people about Jesus.
The people of Church at Briargate come from all walks of life, age groups and from all over the world. We are a multi-cultural church that believes in helping people be who God has created them to be regardless of their background. We invest and believe in our children and youth.
Church at Briargate believes in sharing Jesus with everyone and therefore is strongly committed to missions locally and around the world. We support missionaries and missions in many locations around the world, with an intentional focus on least-reached and unreached people groups.
- The Bible is the ultimate authority (2 Timothy 3:15-17; 1 Thes. 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21)
- There is only one true God–revealed in three persons...Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Duet. 6:4; Isa 43:10-11; Matt 28:19)
- Jesus is God. He put on human flesh so we could have life (Matt 1:23; Heb 7:26; 1 Peter 2:22; Acts 10:38)
- Humanity sinned and brought evil and death, both physically and spiritually (Gen 1:26, 27; 2:17; 3:6; Rom 5:12-19)
- Although we don’t deserve it, we can be saved (Luke 24:47; John 3:3; Rom 10:13-15; Eph 2:8; 4:24)
- Water baptism and Holy Communion are 2 ordinances of the church. (Matt 28:19; Mark 16:16; 2 Pet 1:4)
- The Holy Spirit can change and empower your life (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4-8; 1 Cor 12:1-31; John 7:37-39; Acts 2:42, 43)
- You are empowered by the Holy Spirit as you receive a spirit language (Acts 2:4; 10-44-46; 19:6; 1 Cor 12:4-10, 28)
- We need to try to become more like Jesus in every area of our life (Rom 12:1, 2; 1 Thes 5:23; Heb 12:4; 13:12; 1 Pet 1:5,15-16)
- The church’s job is to help people find God and grow closer to Him (Mat 28:19-20; Acts 1:8; Eph 3:10; John 4:23, 24; 1 Cor 12:28; 14:12)
- God calls some into occupational ministry (Mark 16:15-20; John 4:23-24; Eph 4:11-16)
- God still heals (Isa 53:4, 5; Mat 8:16, 17; James 5:14-16)
- Jesus is coming again (Rom 8:23; 1 Cor 15:51-52; 1 Thes 4:13-18; Titus 2:13)
- We will reign on the earth with Jesus (Rev 19:11-14; Zech 14:5; Math 24:27-30; Rev 20:1-6; Rom 11:26, 27; Isa 11:6-9)
- There will be a judgment day (Mat 25:46; Mark 9:43-48; Rev 19:20; 21:7, 8)
- Heaven is real (2 Peter 3:13; Rev 21-22)
"My ambition has always been to preach the Good News where the name of Christ has never been heard, rather than
where a church has already been started by someone else. I have been following the plan spoken of in the Scriptures, where it says,
“Those who have never been told about him will see,
and those who have never heard of him will understand."
- Romans 15:20-21
To stay consistent with the mission of Church at Briargate, "Pursuing God, Reaching People," the missions department has adopted the following values and initiatives.
- Church at Briargate will constantly monitor these values as missionaries and missions groups are being considered for partnering and financial support.
- The empowerment of the Holy Spirit to fulfill the mandate of evangelism.
- Missionaries that have a pneumatology of empowerment.
- Missionaries teaching and believing empowerment for personal witness.
- Missions and missionaries that are immersed in the culture they are reaching.
- Missionary status is in good standing and recognized by the Division of World Missions of the Assemblies of God.
- A missionary pledge is four years. Commitments will be re-evaluated at the end of the four years and should the missionary decide to change focus, field or be re-deployed with a stateside residency.
- Souls being saved as top priority.
How We Support:
- Supporting missionaries that are going to least-reached people groups with at least 75% of missions monies.
- We choose to use www.joshuaproject.net and other sources to help define unreached and least-reached people groups.
- Supporting missionaries that have a lifestyle of personal evangelism
- Supporting missionaries that can reproduce effective missionaries
Common Questions We Ask of Missionaries We Support:
- Can the local people accomplish the mission more effectively?
- Is this mission a “front-edge” type mission? What is the percentage of Christians in the local area? How is the missionary taking the gospel to the people that have the least accessibility to the gospel?