LIFE Groups meet weekly, bi-weekly, or once a month. Below is detailed information about the LIFE groups we offer:
The Journey - Next Journey is July 21, 2019
When: 3rd Sunday evening of each month | 5:00-8:00pm at the Bottoms' home
About: What are the basic beliefs and teachings of Church at Briargate? Why do we share these beliefs? Pastor Scott leads an ongoing in-depth study of the beliefs of our congregation. Four consecutive sessions will allow you to understand the foundations of Church at Briargate. Note: this is a requirement for membership at Church at Briargate.
Contact: Pastor Scott Bottoms
Christian Yoga LIFE Group
When: Ongoing on Mondays | 6-7 PM at Church at Briargate in Downstairs classroom #1
About: Join Darah Martin, a certified yoga instructor, for weekly FREE yoga to Christian music. Bring a yoga mat and clothes that allow you to move.
Contact: Darah Martin
Deaf and Hearing
When: Sundays | 9:00am | Room #1 (Downstairs)
About: Join Paul Reeck and members of our Deaf and Hearing communities for a lively discussion group conducted in ASL. Discussions center around Biblical topics. All are welcome!
Contact: Paul Reeck
That the World May Know
When: Sundays | 11:00am | Room #1 (Downstairs)
About: Join Keith and Sandi as they journey through "That the World May Know" DVD series by Ray Vander Laan. The series allows participants to experience the Bible in Israel and the surrounding areas. To learn more about the study, go to this website.
Oosthoek's Prayer and Fellowship
When: 3rd Saturday of each month | 5:00pm | Terry and Betty Oosthoek's Home
About: Join Terry and Betty Oosthoek for a time of prayer and fellowship! Please bring a main dish, side dish, or dessert to share!
When: 1st & 3rd Monday of each month | 6:00pm | Pastor Scott and Linda's Home
About: Join Pastor Scott and Linda for a time of fellowship at their home! This LIFE Group is geared towards Young Adults (ages 18-29).
Contact: Linda Bottoms
Marriage & Family LIFE Group
When: Every other Saturday | 6:00-8:00pm | Flores' Home
About: A group for all married couples to build community, restore marriages, stand in the gap for our children, and build a family amongst each other.
Interested in Joining or Leading?
If you are interested in joining or leading a LIFE Group, contact Allison Blevins, our LIFE Group Coordinator.
What is the Purpose of Life Groups?
- Being Relational through LIFE Groups: We value people of all ages, gender, interests, and backgrounds. We believe in building strong relationships.
- Being Humble and serving with Humility: We cannot accomplish CAB mission on our own, so we humbly lead and mobilize others through LIFE Groups. We desire to always listen and learn from each other.
- Being Solution-Minded: We are resourceful and innovative in solving problems and overcoming challenges with a positive spirit.
- Being Helpful: We offer practical value to help CAB members become more effective in their personal relationship with Jesus Christ, in the sharing of their faith with our community, and in their contribution to the needs of the body of Christ at CAB and beyond.
- Being Servant Leaders: We build capacity of the LIFE Group Leaders so that they can exemplify godly servant leadership and influence LIFE Group members to lead and serve others within the church and their communities (Phil. 2:5-11).