Life Groups meet weekly, bi-weekly, or once a month. Below is detailed information about the life groups we offer:
The Journey - August 19th
When: 3rd Sunday evening of each month//5:00-8:00pm at the Bottoms' home
About: What are the basic beliefs and teachings of Church at Briargate? Why do we share these beliefs? Pastor Scott leads an ongoing in-depth study of the beliefs of our congregation. Four consecutive sessions will allow you to understand the foundations of Church at Briargate. Note: this is a requirement for membership at Church at Briargate.
Deaf and Hearing
When: Sundays | 9:00am | Room #1 (Downstairs)
About: Join Dan Shepherd, Paul Reeck, and others for a lively discussion group conducted in ASL. Discussions center around Biblical topics. All are welcome.
That The World May Know
When: Sundays | 11:00am | Room #1 (Downstairs)
About: Join Keith and Sandi King for this L.I.F.E. Group to watch the DVD series "That the World May Know" by Ray Vander Laan and Focus on the Family.
When: Sundays | 6:00-8:00pm | Room #1 (Downstairs) at Church at Briargate
About: Join Ian and Tricia LeBlanc for a discussion on Blended Families - the unique set of circumstances that each blended family faces, how to communicate and create a sustainable marriage with a blended family, and helping your children with the changes in blended family. Come to this LIFE Group for a time of fellowship, prayer, a short video, and discussion.
Oosthoek's - August 18th
When: 1st & 3rd Saturday of each month | 5:00pm | Terry and Betty Oosthoek's Home
About: Join Terry and Betty Oosthoek for a time of prayer and fellowship! Their address is 7831 Potomac Dr.
When: 1st & 3rd Monday of each month | 6:30pm | Pastor Scott and Linda's Home
About: Join Pastor Scott and Linda for a time of fellowship and prayer at their home! This LIFE Group is geared towards Young Adults (ages 18-29). Their address is 6398 Butch Cassidy Blvd.
Intercessory LIFE Group for Families with Youth & Young Adults
When: Saturdays | 7:00-8:00am | Wolf Ranch
About: Do you have challenged young people in your family? Are you passionate about transforming the lives of young people?
Contact: Jacob and Sarah Kitonsa - 719.722.9901
Family LIFE Group - Starts August 25th
When: Every other Saturday | 6:00-8:00pm | Flores' Home
About: Are you newly married, been married for decades, and/or have something to share with other couples?
Contact: Sergio and Diana Flores - 575.640.5515
LIFE Group for All Nations
When: Tuesdays | Wolf Ranch
About: Are you an immigrant or are you passionate about supporting people from other countries?
Contact: Jacob and Sarah Kitonsa - 719.722.9901
Street Ministry / Evangelism
When: Once a month on Sundays after second service - contact Mike or Sandy for the next date!
About: Come share the Kingdom of God in Manitou Springs! They plan to meet at the church once a month on Sundays after second service throughout the summer. Bring a sack lunch, or fast for a couple hours, and be prepared to hand out water bottles, oranges, and socks to the homeless. This method will be used to approach people on the street with the love of God, as you pray for the homeless and share the Gospel, as the Holy Spirit leads.
Contact: Mike and Sandy Clark - 719.210.4849
Family Games and Fun Night
When: Fridays | 7:00pm | Nikki Rainey's Home
About: You won't want to miss out on these awesome nights of family games! Come with games and be ready for a fun time. Families and kids are welcome! Her address is 9992 Peaceful Valley Rd, 80925.
Contact: Nikki Rainey - 706.718.6828 (text only please)
Interested in Joining or Leading?
If you are interested in joining or leading a LIFE Group, contact the LIFE Group Leadership Team or email email@example.com
What is the Purpose of Life Groups?
- Being Relational through LIFE Groups: We value people of all ages, gender, interests, and backgrounds. We believe in building strong relationships.
- Being Humble and serving with Humility: We cannot accomplish CAB mission on our own, so we humbly lead and mobilize others through LIFE Groups. We desire to always listen and learn from each other.
- Being Solution-Minded: We are resourceful and innovative in solving problems and overcoming challenges with a positive spirit.
- Being Helpful: We offer practical value to help CAB members become more effective in their personal relationship with Jesus Christ, in the sharing of their faith with our community, and in their contribution to the needs of the body of Christ at CAB and beyond.
- Being Servant Leaders: We build capacity of the LIFE Group Leaders so that they can exemplify godly servant leadership and influence LIFE Group members to lead and serve others within the church and their communities (Phil. 2:5-11).