LIFE Groups meet weekly, bi-weekly, or once a month. Below is detailed information about the LIFE groups we offer:
The Journey - Next Journey is September 15, 2019
When: 3rd Sunday each month | 5:00-8:00 PM | Pastor Scott & Linda's Home
About: What are the basic beliefs and teachings of Church at Briargate? Why do we share these beliefs? Pastor Scott leads an ongoing in-depth study of the beliefs of our congregation. Four consecutive sessions will allow you to understand the foundations of Church at Briargate. Note: this is a requirement for membership at Church at Briargate.
Contact: Pastor Scott Bottoms
Youth LIFE Groups
When: Sundays | 9:30-10:30 AM | The Classical Academy (across the street)
About: This is a place for students to connect with other students their age and for students to experience God through relationships with others. The students minister to each other and help each other grow! This is for students in 6th through 12th grade. Meet in the foyer at church at 9:30 AM and the students will walk with the leaders to The Classical Academy.
ASL LIFE Group for Deaf and Hearing
When: Sundays | 9:00 AM | Room #1 (Downstairs)
About: Join Paul Reeck and members of our Deaf and Hearing communities for a lively discussion group conducted in ASL. Discussions center around Biblical topics. All are welcome!
Contact: Paul Reeck
That the World May Know
When: Sundays | 11:00 AM | Room #1 (Downstairs)
About: Join Keith and Sandi as they journey through "That the World May Know" DVD series by Ray Vander Laan. The series allows participants to experience the Bible in Israel and the surrounding areas. To learn more about the study, go to this website.
Christian Yoga LIFE Group
When: Mondays | 6-7 PM | Room #1 (Downstairs)
About: Join Darah Martin, a certified Faith Yoga Instructor, for weekly FREE yoga to worship music. Bring a yoga mat and clothes that allow you to move.
Contact: Darah Martin
When: 1st & 3rd Monday of each month | 6:00-8:00 PM | Pastor Scott and Linda's Home
About: A time of fellowship and connection for adults ages 18-29. Kids of 20 Somethings welcome!
Contact: Linda Bottoms
Ladies Bible Party
When: Thursdays | 10-11:30 AM | Kids Area (Downstairs)
About: Join ladies from the Briargate community as they walk through the gospels. Bring your Bible!
Contact: Shelby Roberts
Interfaith Spiritual Discussion
When: 3rd Friday each month | 6:45-8:45 PM | Waskosky's Home
About: Provide a comforting atmosphere for people of any belief or background to discuss beliefs. Allow people to learn more and practice talking to people of other beliefs. Strengthen faith through engaging spiritual dialogue.
Marriage & Family LIFE Group
When: Every other Saturday | 6:00-8:00 PM | Flores' Home
About: A group for all married couples to build community, restore marriages, stand in the gap for our children, and build a family amongst each other.
Beyond the Broken Heart - Starts September 21, 2019
When: 1st & 3rd Saturday morning of each month | 10 AM | Donna's Home
About: A supportive place for those who have suffered the loss of a loved one, where they will share in each other's grief and find healing in Jesus Christ.
Contact: Donna Wildenstein
Prayer & Fellowship
When: 3rd Saturday of each month | 5:00 PM | Terry & Betty Oosthoek's Home
About: Join Terry & Betty Oosthoek for a time of prayer and fellowship! Please bring a main dish, side dish, or a dessert to share!
Start One | Join One
If you look at the list above and don't find a LIFE Group that fits your or your family's needs or interests, consider starting a LIFE Group! Contact Allison Blevins, our LIFE Group Coordinator, to start the process!
What is the Purpose of LIFE Groups?
- Being Relational through LIFE Groups: We value people of all ages, gender, interests, and backgrounds. We believe in building strong relationships.
- Being Humble and serving with Humility: We cannot accomplish CAB mission on our own, so we humbly lead and mobilize others through LIFE Groups. We desire to always listen and learn from each other.
- Being Solution-Minded: We are resourceful and innovative in solving problems and overcoming challenges with a positive spirit.
- Being Helpful: We offer practical value to help CAB members become more effective in their personal relationship with Jesus Christ, in the sharing of their faith with our community, and in their contribution to the needs of the body of Christ at CAB and beyond.
- Being Servant Leaders: We build capacity of the LIFE Group Leaders so that they can exemplify godly servant leadership and influence LIFE Group members to lead and serve others within the church and their communities (Phil. 2:5-11).