Life Groups meet weekly, bi-weekly, or once a month. Below is detailed information about the life groups we offer:
The Journey - Next Journey is February 17, 2019
When: 3rd Sunday evening of each month//5:00-8:00pm at the Bottoms' home
About: What are the basic beliefs and teachings of Church at Briargate? Why do we share these beliefs? Pastor Scott leads an ongoing in-depth study of the beliefs of our congregation. Four consecutive sessions will allow you to understand the foundations of Church at Briargate. Note: this is a requirement for membership at Church at Briargate.
Deaf and Hearing
When: Sundays | 9:00am | Room #1 (Downstairs)
About: Join Dan Shepherd, Paul Reeck, and others for a lively discussion group conducted in ASL. Discussions center around Biblical topics. All are welcome.
God's Plan for Your Life
When: Sundays | 11:00am | Room #1 (Downstairs)
About: Join Jim Worden as he helps you uncover and grow in God's plan for your life. Begins on January 6, 2019 and runs for six weeks.
Oosthoek's Prayer and Fellowship
When: 1st & 3rd Saturday of each month | 5:00pm | Terry and Betty Oosthoek's Home
About: Join Terry and Betty Oosthoek for a time of prayer and fellowship! Their address is 7831 Potomac Dr.
When: 1st & 3rd Monday of each month | 6:00pm | Pastor Scott and Linda's Home
About: Join Pastor Scott and Linda for a time of fellowship and prayer at their home! This LIFE Group is geared towards Young Adults (ages 18-29). Their address is 6398 Butch Cassidy Blvd.
Marriage & Family LIFE Group
When: Every other Saturday | 6:00-8:00pm | Flores' Home
About: Are you newly married, been married for decades, and/or have something to share with other couples?
Contact: Sergio and Diana Flores - 575.640.5515
Interested in Joining or Leading?
If you are interested in joining or leading a LIFE Group, contact the LIFE Group Leadership Team or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the Purpose of Life Groups?
- Being Relational through LIFE Groups: We value people of all ages, gender, interests, and backgrounds. We believe in building strong relationships.
- Being Humble and serving with Humility: We cannot accomplish CAB mission on our own, so we humbly lead and mobilize others through LIFE Groups. We desire to always listen and learn from each other.
- Being Solution-Minded: We are resourceful and innovative in solving problems and overcoming challenges with a positive spirit.
- Being Helpful: We offer practical value to help CAB members become more effective in their personal relationship with Jesus Christ, in the sharing of their faith with our community, and in their contribution to the needs of the body of Christ at CAB and beyond.
- Being Servant Leaders: We build capacity of the LIFE Group Leaders so that they can exemplify godly servant leadership and influence LIFE Group members to lead and serve others within the church and their communities (Phil. 2:5-11).