"My ambition has always been to preach the Good News where the name of Christ has never been heard, rather than
where a church has already been started by someone else. I have been following the plan spoken of in the Scriptures, where it says,
“Those who have never been told about him will see,
and those who have never heard of him will understand."
- Romans 15:20-21
To stay consistent with the mission of Church at Briargate, "Pursuing God, Reaching People," the missions department has adopted the following values and initiatives.
- Church at Briargate will constantly monitor these values as missionaries and missions groups are being considered for partnering and financial support.
- The empowerment of the Holy Spirit to fulfill the mandate of evangelism.
- Missionaries that have a pneumatology of empowerment.
- Missionaries teaching and believing empowerment for personal witness.
- Missions and missionaries that are immersed in the culture they are reaching.
- Missionary status is in good standing and recognized by the Division of World Missions of the Assemblies of God.
- A missionary pledge is four years. Commitments will be re-evaluated at the end of the four years and should the missionary decide to change focus, field or be re-deployed with a stateside residency.
- Souls being saved as top priority.
How We Support:
- Supporting missionaries that are going to least-reached people groups with at least 75% of missions monies.
- We choose to use www.joshuaproject.net and other sources to help define unreached and least-reached people groups.
- Supporting missionaries that have a lifestyle of personal evangelism
- Supporting missionaries that can reproduce effective missionaries
Common Questions We Ask of Missionaries We Support:
- Can the local people accomplish the mission more effectively?
- Is this mission a “front-edge” type mission? What is the percentage of Christians in the local area? How is the missionary taking the gospel to the people that have the least accessibility to the gospel?